Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Cutsiness never ends!

Today I was teaching, I knew it last night so I started ahead. I steamed some veggies so that I wouldn't have to do it in the morning.

I used my good ol' yellow box as usual. The little fork is new, I got it at Daiso yesterday. The coolest thing is that it fits between the top lid (yellow) and the lid of the top tier (black), that way it literally disappears.

Here's the whole thing:

In the smaller lower tier (on the right below), I have 3 onigiri (a heart, a star and a bear) resting on a bed of lettuce. I lined each sides with cucumber slices and sprinkled minced red pepper for a dash of color.

In the bigger top tier (on the left below), I had steamed broccoli and carrots, sprinkled with minced red pepper for color. For proteins I cut strips of Canadian bacon and rolled them. Each little animal or sea critter skewers (that's the new ones I bought yesterday!) has one piece of red pepper, 2 rolls of Canadian bacon, and a piece of red bell pepper at the end. I used sushi grass to divide the steamed veggies and the skewers.


Here's a better view of my little picks/skewers:


Once closed, I put my box in my new little cooler bag. It's just the right size to put my box and a little ice pack.

Once it was all neatly packed, I used my bento cloth to make a little cloth basket. The idea is to be able to pack a fruit and my little napkin container without having to fit them in the cooler bag. Here's my wonderful husband showing off my little cloth basket. As I said, the cutsiness never ends!


There you have it, it's today's bento. I'm starting to feel pretty darned confident with this. I need to cook ahead, since I'm out of everything, but I've got to the point where I can throw a bento together in very little time and still have it look like something. I'm all happy!

Happy Bento everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment