Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Catching up on my posts

Yesterday was nuts and by the time I got home I was too tired to bother. So here's my bento for yesterday:


I kept it simple since I was in a hurry to go to work.

In the lower tier, I had rice balls, resting on cucumber slices. I also put half rounds of cucumber around them and sprinkled the whole thing with shredded carrots.

In the top tier I had a hard boiled egg that I tried to shape in my new molds, but my eggs were too small! Too funny, my star became a flower. With that I mixed steamed broccoli and carrots with lentils.

Would you look at this? My new little "bento fork" fits between the lid of the top tier and the lid of the whole thing!


My husband had about the same thing in his bento. He had only 2 rice balls, but they are much bigger than my cutsy ones. I added little skewers with cucumber and rolled up ham to make sure he wouldn't go hungry! Of course he also had his trusty little pack of baby carrots.


So that was lunch yesterday. I was also working early evening, and by the time I got home I was starved (and cranky!). I need to better plan for those long days so I don't go overly hungry.

Lunch was still good, the mix of steamed veggies and steamed lentils was very good!

Happy Bento!

No comments:

Post a Comment