Sunday, July 20, 2008

Went Shopping again!

Oh my, I had a whole day to myself in San Francisco!

I saw on Biggie's blog that Kamei were selling some coolish bentos, so I stopped by to take a look. The ones I had seen on her site were ok, but not what I'm looking for, but then I saw two that I just had to have!

Here's the first one:

This is a Hakoya box. It's looks very well made, the sides are thick and the box is light but sturdy. The lid (inside) also seem to fit very well (not like the cheaper boxes that you're never sure if it will stay on).

From what I could understand (I don't read Japanese, so I kind of look at pictures a lot!) the lower tier is 280 ml, and the top tier is 200 ml. I thought the box was microwave safe, but the lady at Kamei (who was in a bad mood and didn't really listen to my question) said it wasn't. Biggie said on her website that the box is microwave and dishwasher safe.

I will try it in the microwave eventually, none of my boxes go in the dishwasher, safe or no.

Here's the box open:

I love that it's green on the inside for some reason. I got it at Kamei for $10.50!

This next box I got a Kamei also:

The picture doesn't do it justice. The blue is actually darker than shown. It's a 3 tier box, most probably not microwave safe. It's not exactly a practical box, but I loved the look of it.

I'm not quite sure of the volume of each tier. I'll figure it out and post when I do.

I got this box at Kamei for $7.50. There was that one in those colors, and it red and green. And the same thing but bigger in the same two choices of colors. I bought the only blue and black small one left on the shelf (other than the Demo) and opened EACH BOX to find a blue and black. I didn't like the red and green (too Christmas-y).

I also stopped by Ichiban Kan (of course) and got the part two of one of the first box I bought:


We had the bottom tier already, but I bought the top tier, so now my husband has the complete set. The top tier is 450ml, and the bottom tier 550 ml.

Saturday, my husband and I went to Daiso. We never miss a trip there when we're in the city. I bought myself a pickle press! I'm planning on making some quick pickling to put in the bentos as soon as I figure it out.


Between Ichiban Kan and Daiso, I picked up a few odds and ends to make my boxes cuter and easier. Here's the lot of them:

I decided to figure out just how many box sets I really have and put them all on the table for a group photo. I have 15 sets! Actually 16, my huge picnic box is missing!

Here's my collection:


So that's my bento shopping! I had a lot of fun with this and can't wait to have another "Cutsy Curse attack"! With so many boxes, I smell a challenge coming!

Happy Bento Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment