Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Leftovers Cutsiness!

Yesterday we went to the Farmer's Market at the Embarcadero. To read about our adventure click here. After that we came home and decided to BBQ. My husband is the grill king, so it was truly delicious. I used the leftovers to fill the bentos.

Here's my box:

In the top tier (left) I have grilled zucchini mixed with seasoned fresh tomatoes (bottom), and I have sliced plums and I think a kind of pluot, but I'm not sure what that one is. I got a little overwhelmed at the Farmer's market yesterday.

In the bottom tier (right) I have grilled chicken thigh (bottom), and couscous that I decorated with shredded carrots and nori "stars".

I decided to use one of my new bento belt to add to the cutsiness!


My husband's box has the same foods:

Bottom tier (left) there's couscous, covered with shredded carrots and lentils. I tried to make a cute pattern, it looked better "in person" than it does on the picture. *sigh*

Top tier (right) there's cut up plum and friend, grilled zucchini and seasoned tomatoes and BBQed chicken thigh.

It was delicious last night so I'm optimistic about lunch!

I still haven't made Oyakis or Black bean mini burgers yet. I'm on it!

Happy Bento Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment