Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shapes, shapes, shapes!

Oooffaaaah! I had so much fun last night! I took out my veggie cutters and made shapes! I was experimenting with 2 things:

1- cutting my vegetables ahead of time and how to keep them.

2- Making "pointy shapes" in carrots and cucumber to see if the edges would stay up. They did!

Today I used my new round box I got at Kamei, only I used only 2 of the 3 tiers. Each tier is 300 ml.

Here's my box:

In details:

Top tier has a broiled Onigiri, a sliced hard boiled egg, and alternated orange slices and strawberry slices.

I used my cheapos egg slicer I got at Ichiban Kan to slice the egg and then tried it on strawberries. It works, but I have 2 container of strawberries, one real fresh, and one a little older, it works much better on fresh strawberries!

In the lower tier I have vegetable curry (top left), cucumber and carrot flowers and stars, and cherry tomatoes.

The whole box has very little calories, it's mostly veggies! I got proteins out of the egg, and complex carbs out of the Onigiri (made with brown rice).

My husband has pretty much the same thing. He has 2 Onigiri which aren't broiled. Other than that it's the same thing laid out differently:


I hid a few "carrot bears" in there, there's 4 of them, can you find them all? Hehehe

That contest just gave me the kick in the behind I needed to get into creative mode again!

Next time I go to Daiso I might just grab a few things to make a contest of my own!

Have fun today! Happy Bento everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment