Monday, July 28, 2008

Light & Heavy

I'm still working at making lunches for me and my husband in a quick easy manner, taking in consideration the difference in caloric needs! Today I went to extremes both ways!

Here's my box:

In the top tier I have steamed veggies (broccoli and peas) and carrots confetti's.

In the lower tier I have a tomato-cucumber salad, 5 medium shrimps (steamed) and about 1/4 of an orange, sliced.

All in all, my box is about 2 POINTS. I'm home so I'll most likely have a soup to go with it cause I went overboard with the "eat light" thing.

My husband's box is another story:


In the tier to the left he has 2 Onigiri (with peas "fish" on top!) and 2 bento servings of BBQ chicken.

In the tier to the right he has steamed veggies, cucumber pieces with a container of guacamole, 2 piece of Babybel light cheese and a few slices of orange.

So his box is 9-10 POINTS (I'd say 9 because he doesn't even have a TBSP of guacamole).

Sooooo, that's our Bento-ing for today. I was playing around with foods as usual and am getting better at figuring out what will be satisfying for us. I don't usually give the POINTS and will not continue to do so, I just wanted to show that boxes that are close in size can have a big difference in calories.

To learn more about POINTS and how to use the Weight Watchers program, go to www.weightwatchers.com

It's a learning journey, but it's a fun one!

Happy Bento Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment