Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Scavenging the Freezer!

I slept about 2 hours last night because of the heat. This morning I woke up at 6:30, so I had to scramble to put together two lunches. Nothing was ready or thawed out.

I went digging in the freezer here's what it ended looking like:

In the top tier (left) I have not very steamed but very spiced veggies in a silicone cup, and strawberries and blueberries on the side.

In the lower tier (right) I had a vegetarian curry, and fried brown rice*.

*In the picture its plain brown rice cause I put the leftover rice in the bento instead of the fried rice by mistake. I switched it around after I took the pictures. DUH!

My husband has the same foods, just in a different box:


So that's a fairly simple lunch, smallish even, but I was pressed for time! We both had a little bag of carrots along with it, and I had a little hummus with my carrots.

It was enough for me but I should have added lentils or something to beef it up a little for Dan. I will do so tomorrow.

Another happy bento day!

Happy Bento-ing everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment