Monday, June 30, 2008

Friday and Today

Friday:

Last Thursday I didn't make bentos because I had other plans. I didn't make a breakfast one Sunday either because I had breakfast at home.

I did make bentos Friday though, and have no idea why I didn't make a post about them!

So here's Friday's bentos:


Top tier: I had left overs chicken and salsa I made the previous night. With that I put in steamed broccoli.

Lower tier: Spicy Barley Pilaf and a mix of black beans, chickpeas and fresh tomatoes. In the little container I have guacamole.

Here's my husband's box:

He has close to the same thing except that I didn't put in the bean mixture (he's not too crazy about beans or tomatoes so..) so instead I put in a big cup of melon. I added guacamole to his box after I took the pictures.

Today:

Today I didn't have anything thought up for the boxes, so the morning was interesting. Here's what I packed:


Top tier: I have steamed broccoli with salt, pepper and cumin. On top of that I have a container of cilantro pesto. In the middle I have deli turkey on cutsy animal skewers. On the right I have sauteed (on high heat) zucchini half rounds with salt, pepper, cumin and sprinkled with fresh basil after cooking.

Lower tier: I have 1 1/2 hard boiled egg, salted and peppered. On the right I have a rice ball (the last of them!) and finally a little cup with blueberries.

My husband has the same stuff it's just laid out a little differently cause his box is different:

I hard boiled 3 eggs since I was making turkey skewers, I thought 1 1/2 egg was plenty. My husband has a bigger Onigiri and a little more veggies because he's 6'2" tall. Something tells me he should have a little more food!

I need to make Onigiris and Oyakis (been a while!). So that's my plan for the week!

Happy Bento Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment