Friday, June 13, 2008

Trying out a new box

Yesterday I took the day off and went to San Francisco. The idea was to wander around and relax, and I did that. Of course, relaxing in the city means retail therapy.

I didn't have much money to play with, so I hit Daiso first and then Ichiban Kan. Since I was in Japantown, I also stopped at Sanko and at Soko Hardware.

Finally I went back to the Richmond, my home base in San Francisco, and stopped by Kamei and Super Tokyo. I got all sorts of goodies of course, and I also got 3 new boxes. Like I needed more!

Today I decided to try out one of my new boxes. I got this one at Daiso for a whooping $1.50. It's a 3 tiered box that simple stack up on top of each others. the text is in Japanese so I don't know how many ml each tier is, but I'll figure it out!

Here's what it looked like today:



On the left, I have ground turkey cooked with vegetables. In the middle I have steamed broccoli and snow peas with garam masala and hot chili powder, and finally in the tier on the right I have vegetable curry.

The presentation isn't overly original, I was trying out the box, and seeing how much stuff it can take. Surprisingly a LOT. The tiers are small, but there's 3 of them.

I'm surprised how much I like this little box. A white background doesn't do it justice, I'll take pictures of all my new boxes on a darker background!

So that's my bento-ing for today. I was very satisfied with it, didn't need a snack or nothing!

I'll be showing off my new stuff soon!

Happy Bento everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment