Monday, June 16, 2008

Some yummy leftovers!

Today I had an easy time putting together the bentos. We had a BBQ last night, so we had plenty of leftovers. Since we had several different dishes, I thought it was the perfect day to try out my new Lock and Lock set.

First bad news... the bottle leaks. So, so much for the water bottle. It DOES give me enough space to put a bigger ice pack in there. So, my lunch will stay cool longer! AH!

Here's what my box looked like:

It's a two tier box, each tier is 350 ml. The first tier is divided, so there's no need for cups n stuff, the second tier is not divided.

Top tier, left to right: BBQed chicken thighs, diced; Left over vegetable casserole (from Saturday night); Sauteed red and yellow bell pepper and onion.

Bottom tier: Plain bulgur, with just salt and pepper; a little bear shaped cup of lentils, to add to the bulgur, grilled zucchini slices, cucumber flowers. The bottom tier isn't full because it's a little big... gives me "decoration space".

My husband has the same thing in his regular box. That one is not divided so I just used sushi grass in the top tier. Here's what it looks like:

He has the exact same lunch, looks like more because his box is slightly smaller than mine. He did bring a banana to eat with it.

So that's today's bento fare. I'm pretty happy with it, it was yummy yesterday and I'm sure it's going to be yummy again today!

Now I need a "manly colored" Lock and Lock. I keep thinking that my husband's box is too small for him, but he seems happy. Oh well!

Happy Bento Everybody!

Added note: I just ate lunch and this has to be the best tasting bento I've had so far. Really... Mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment