Friday, June 20, 2008

Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday

It's catch up time! I've been bento-ing (love that word) but not posting in here. I'm trying to cut down computer time as I do have a husband, a dog and a cat, and well... You know...

Also it's HOT in Northern California! Offaahhh gimme a snowstorm somebody!

So, today I don't have a box, neither does my husband. He wanted to go out with the guys, I don't know where I'll be. Might still make one, but so far (7:19am) none made or planned.

Tuesday:

I used my red Donburi box. We had various left overs, and I used that with Bulgar and steamed veggies.

Here's what it looked like:

Lower tier: I had leftover veggies sauteed from Saturday night that I wanted to finish up in a hurry, so I served that over Bulgar.

Top tier: Leftover BBQ chicken thighs (my husband's secret sauce, they were just SO GOOD) with steamed broccoli and peas. I love to use peas because I use them as dividers.

My husband had the same thing, just in a different box. Here's his lunch for Tuesday:


Wednesday:

Wednesday I was teaching at Altamira. I wasn't too sure about breaks, and snack time and such, so I filled my box more than I usually would. I also made the boxes the night before, something I rarely do. It worked well, but I didn't have any fresh veggies (other than the cucumber flowers) so that's different.

Here's what it looked like:


Top tier (divided one): I have a lentil curry that I bought at the Farmers Market, vegetables that cooked in the crock pot with chicken the day before, and the chicken itself.

Lower tier (not divided): Herbed couscous, a little cup of lentils (steamed from TJ) and cucumber flowers made with my little cutters I bought last week.

Again, my husband had the same thing, in his faithful little blue Urura box:

Thursday:

Thursday I didn't make myself a box. I had an attack of just "making up something" so I made myself a scallop soup. I did put together a box for my husband. He had forgotten his box at work, so I put it in my own yellow box.

Here's what it looked like:


In the top tier he has steamed lentils, and strawberry-mango salad.

In the lower tier he has couscous and a vegetable dish I made in the crock pot the day before. I don't quite remember what was in it, it was a case of "Ok, what do I have to use before it goes bad?"

So that's my catch up post! 3 days of bento in one post! If I decide to make one today I'll post it... today! ;op

Happy Bento everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment