Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thinking ahead!

Yesterday and today, I stayed home, so I didn't need to pack lunch.

I'm still thinking Bento though. Yesterday my husband ordered "Bento Boxes: Japanese Meals on the Go" I'll get it tomorrow, I can't wait to play with it!

Today I was home, so I decided to experiment. I tried to make mini-frittatas two different way:

1- using a metal mini-muffin pan straight in the oven, with cooking spray.

2- Using a flexible silicone mini-muffin pan sitting in water, also with cooking spray.


(These are the mini-frittatas I made in the silicone mini-muffin pan, don't they look cute?)

#2 proved to be MUCH MORE effective. They came right out... My metal pan is still soaking.

(You can see the mini-frittata that got stuck in the metal pan in the background)

I cooled the mini frittatas, and then put them in the fridge to make sure they were totally cold. Then I wrapped them individually in saran wrap and put them in a zip bag. That way they don't stick together, I can take them out one at a time.

Sooo I've got plenty of mini-frittatas ready to jump into a Bento box when needed!

It's ridiculous how much fun I'm having with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment