Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back to Work Bento

Back to work today! At least for my husband. The phone is awefully quiet for me. :o(

I didn't have much leftovers to work with today. I had some couscous, and we still had a few mushroomless frittatas. So I used my little one tier Bento to put that together for my husband. This weekend we went to a party store, just for the fun of it, and I found those rings, that are just cheapos "smiley flowers rings". I washed it carefully and snuck a blue one in my husband's box. Cute isn't it?

The couscouscous is cooked with cinnamon, garam masala and chili powder in organic vegetable broth. I chopped some red bell pepper, cucumber and added shredded carrots and raisins. As always I didn't add any fat to it and it tasted just fine.

I knew that it wouldn't be enough for mister 6'2 tall husband, so I added a bowl of pea soup to which I added some corn and chopped canadian bacon. Hopefully it'll be enough to tie him up until tonight.


I have the same thing ready to go for me, with vegetables to cut up, but at this hour I'd be very surprised if I got a call. Oh well, I work tonight so that counts for something. :o)

Happy Bento everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment