Monday, February 11, 2008

My new box

In my shopping saturday I bought 3 bento boxes. 2 of them are smallish boxes, that I'm planning to use on "outings" with my husband.

The bigger one, I want to use as my "every day bento". It's perfect for the type of meals I eat: a little proteins, grains, cooked vegetables in the smaller, divided lower tier; and a salad or cut up raw veggies and a dip in the bigger upper tier.

Today, I didn't have cooked veggies so I ate more grains, actually a little too much grains. Next time, I'll cut down on the grains and add steamed vegetables, or a vegetables stir fry or something like that.


Again, the grain was couscous, cooked very simply with salt pepper and a little lemon juice.

As proteins I had 2 mini-frittatas, and cubed ham that I skewered with my little sea critter skewers.

In the upper tier, I had cup up cucumber and red bell pepper and home made Mediteranean Hummus in one of my little containers.

My husband had the same thing, he's still using the lock and lock box, and you'll notive that his vegetables are hidden under the little hummus container. Sneaky!

I also gave me a little more ham, but made only 3 skewers that I put on top of the pile of ham cubes. I didn't have the time or the patience to skewer all of it.

Here's a view of my box closed. I bought cheapos elastic bands to hold my boxes closed, and I think they fit just fine on my lovely black box!

I was very satisfied with my lunch, there was a little bit too much couscous, but it was very light, and I had little proteins so it balanced well.

My husband was very happy with his lunch, also he was bragging to coworkers about it.

Both my coworkers and my husband's seem impressed with this. That's fine by me, but I'm doing this for the fun of it. It's a blast!

Happy Bento everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment