Monday, February 25, 2008

Bad pictures, good bento!

I'm not a happy camper, today I put the bentos together, and made them all pretty with flowers n everything and went to take pictures... dead batteries in the camera! OH NO!

So I took pictures with my cellphone. Not very pretty, I need to work this out! Can't have ugly picture after working so hard!!!

Anyway, I did prepare two bentos today, I was teaching and my husband wanted to bring lunch to work. Each of us had hardboiled eggs (one shaped like a fish, and one shaped like a little car), bulgur (leftover from last night) steamed broccoli, and a salad made of lettuce, cucumber and red bell pepper.

In my bento (the black one on top) I added chickpeas to the salad. My husband isn't crazy about chickpeas unless cooked with other stuff. I also gave myself more salad and more broccoli. I love vegetables, he likes them, but doesn't like to overdo them.

I used my little "grass dividers" to keep the bulgur from mixing up with the broccoli. It worked too. I didn't think it would stay put. It did! It was all cute too! Too bad I don't have a good picture of it.

So my husband has the plain salad (lettuce is hidden under the cut up pepper and cucumber), and less steamed broccoli. To make up for it, I snuck an Oyaki under his hardboiled eggs!

It was not very original, but I was in a hurry so I threw in whatever I could find. It was filling and good. My husband was happy with his lunch too. That's all that counts right?

Happy Bento everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment