Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Eggs eggs eggs!

Today I as subbing so I had to pack my lunch.

I finally got to try out my egg molds! Look at that! A little car and a little fish, one of each per box!


Each of us had almost the same foods: Curried couscous with chickpeas, shredded carrots and minced jalapeno pepper; Hard boiled eggs (in cutsy shapes), greens with shredded carrots, and veggies sticks (carrots and celery).

My husband's box (his box is the lock and lock at the bottom of the picture) also had 2 mini-frittatas and a little less veggies than I did. He's a big guy, he needs more proteins than I do. He's also not a huge fan of raw veggies.

I didn't write down the recipe for the couscous, I simply cooked it in chicken broth with about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of madras curry powder. Then I added whatever I had on hand, which wasn't that much really.

We both had many comments about our funky eggs! Again lunch was very filling, and the couscous, made on the fly at the last minute, tasted very good.

Now I need a rice cooker!

Happy Bento!

No comments:

Post a Comment