Friday, April 11, 2008

No more Subway Sammiches!

Still painting the house! I'm trying to put the bedroom back together while the painting is going on downstairs. I decided to make a bento today. I'm tired of Subway sammiches! So I kept it simple, but I had to have something that taste like something.

Here's my box for today:

I put in 3 small onigiri, a star, a heart and a bear. Under them and around them I put cucumber. It was moving around so I put two red bell pepper "beams" to hold it all together. It also add a nice red touch doesn't it?

In the top tier I put in steamed broccoli and red bell peppers, mixed with lentils. I wanted some salty proteins, so I made Canadian bacon little skewers. I had a cutsy minute, so I used my vegetables skewers I got at Sanko.

I had that bento along with an orange. I'm happy, satisfied, and it was real food!

I also made a box for my husband, I think he was happy with it.


He has the steamed broccoli and red bell peppers. I put the lentils aside, I think he prefers it that way. I took out a big onigiri for him. For his skewers, I used deli turkey and deli ham, one thin slice of each on each skewers. He has a little bottle of Italian dressing to add to his veggies (see between the onigiri and the steamed veggies, there's a little red cap sticking out!)

We're finally settled down and finding ourselves. It's been a trying 2 weeks, but we're happy with the results!

Happy Bento!

No comments:

Post a Comment