Monday, September 8, 2008

Taking my time (# 163)

Today I forgot the bentos until my husband was ready to leave for work, so he went without one. :o( It was his first day back to work so I'm guessing he'll go out and eat with the guys.

I need to think ahead, my mornings are getting too busy to do a lot of prep! He leaves at 7:30 at the latest, and I'm not back from swimming before 6:30. I have to get ready in case I get a sub call. I'll figure it out though.

I did not get a call today, so I had time to make myself a bento after he left. I wanted to use leftovers and try something new I found, so here it is:

I've taken pictures of both tiers, here's the top one:

In there I have steamed fava beans that I found at Trader Joes. I found them yesterday and wanted to try them out, so I'll let you know what I think.

With that I have left over roasted chicken that I've cooked with shredded carrots and spiced with cumin, garlic powder, a little lime juice, a clove and a little piece of cinnamon. Of course I removed the clove and cinnamon after cooking. I added parsley to it after it was cooked.

Here's the bottom tier:

I have 1/4 cup of couscous on a bed of lettuce. I added a little container of steamed lentils (TJ) in case I don't like the fava beans! ;op

That's today's fare. Nothing earthshaking, I'm just getting into the grove. Tonight I have to plan for tomorrow's bento so that everything is ready to go in.

I don't like packing the lunches the night before because it looks a lot better when done the same day, but I can prep everything.

Happy Bento everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment