Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Super-Post!

Between a busy schedule, and connection being very jumpy, I sort of got lost last week! This week is planned from one end to the other though, so plenty of bentos!

Wednesday 9-24-08

I was teaching that day so I needed a bento. I also knew about it ahead of time, so I planned ahead some. Here's my box:

In the top tier, I have meatloaf leftover (had it frozen), pieces of red bell peppers, and lentils/chickpeas curry.

The Curry was too liquid, and I have a left over of brown rice to use up, so I threw both in a pan and cooked it. The rice absorbed all the juice and it tasted delicious! Who would have thought?

The bottom tier has steamed broccoli and strawberries.

Here and there I have cute little picks to eat with.

My husband has basically the same thing:

On the left he has Mini Babybel light cheeses, the meatloaf (I tried to cube it, but it didn't work too well), and the lentil/chickpea/rice curry.

On the right he has the pepper pieces, the steamed broccoli and the strawberries.

Today

Today I had the easiest time! Everything was leftover from last night, already cold and ready to go. Lovely. I'm hoping to do that most days. I still want to pack in the morning, but if the foods can be ready the previous night, it brings sanity back to my mornings.

Here's my box:

The bottom tier has steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, red bell pepper) and Garam Masala scented bulgur.

The top tier has chicken Tikka Masala cooked with a pre-made sauce from Costco to which I added salt, pepper and a little clove, I added onions, potatoes, and carrots to it. With that I have strawberries as dessert.

I usually eat cold lunches, I did warm up the curry for 1 minute in the microwave.

My husband has a similar lunch:

On the left he has Garam Masala scented bulgur, steamed veggies, and his now traditional Mini Babybell light cheeses.

On the right he has the curry, and some more bulgur.

Tomorrow I have some leftovers planned, so it should go smoothly again. Hopefully the connection will remain stable!

Happy Bento Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment