Monday, August 4, 2008

Warm Colors, Great Food

Today is a mix of leftovers, frozen fare and easy going summer spirit!

I had some Spiced Carrots left overs, so I put that in and then rummaged through the fridge and freezer to find the rest! That's a 10 minutes bento, including cooking the beans and cooling everything up (in the fridge!).

Here's my box:

Top left: I have the last of my little delicious tomatoes I bought Tuesday at the Embarcadero, and some cut strawberries.

Top right: I have red kidney beans and chickpeas sauteed in salsa, and Spiced Carrots.

Bottom: I have vegetable curry, with a little cup of steamed lentils (TJ).

Everything (except the lentils) is red or orange, and even then, the lentils are brown, so they fit. Since I was already in a color theme, I decided to use my weird little bright orange box. That one I got at Daiso for $1.50. I like the way I can lay out the food in it. Isn't it just cute?

Here's the box closed:

My husband has pretty much the same foods:

Left: Spiced carrots with cut up strawberries. I put in little "picks" to make it easy to eat the fruits and veggies.

Right: I have the vegetable curry, the sauteed beans and 2 Mini Babybel light cheeses.

I didn't have time to heat up grains, I hope it's enough food for him.

I just now realized that his box is dark red, it fits too!

Tomorrow a green box! Just kidding!!

Happy Bento Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment