Friday, August 1, 2008

Mmmmmini black bean burgers!

Yesterday I made my Black Bean Mini Burgers. I tweaked the recipe a little bit by using roasted red bell pepper (from a jar) instead of fresh pepper. It was delicious!

Here's what they looked like:

I used them along with stuff I had laying around in the fridge and freezer. I had planned to use leftovers from last night, but we ate it all!

Here's my box:

In the top tier (black) I have my mini-burgers and steamed veggies.

In the lower tier (white-green) I have broiled Onigiri, tomatoes, and carrots.

I suspect that we had a visitation from some pixie... would you look at that? They used my carrots as a bridge!


Here's my husband's box:

On the left, he has 2 Onigiri, and mini-burgers. I put in tomatoes to fill the gaps.

On the right he has sliced peaches, steamed veggies with a little container of Olive Walnut tapenade, and carrots.

The pixie stopped by his box too, look at his Onigiri!

I have all sorts of craft punches with leaves, footsteps, hearts, stars, etc. I took a sheet of Nori weed, and cut out some shapes ahead of time. That way it's a lot faster to decorate the bentos in the morning.

Neat huh? That's my bento attack for today!

Happy bento everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment