Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday & Wednesday

Busy busy! Yesterday I was at school from 7 to 3:15 and then at WW from about 4:30 to 6:30 and then at the gym. Got home at about 9!

So, I did make bentos, but didn't have time to post. So here's yesterday and today's bentos in one post!

Yesterday we had yummy left overs, so I used that:

I had Ginger Chicken Yakitori (Sizzle It, WW) in the little pink container, I had cilantro pesto. With that in my top tier, I had my Corn, Black beans, and Mango Salsa.

In the lower tier, I had steamed broccoli, carrot and cucumber sticks, lentils, and a container of guacamole.

I knew it was going to be a long day, so I packed a snack bento:

I had in there diced plum, and honey dew melon, with a container of yogurt sweetened with honey.

My husband's box was exactly the same as mine, but in different colors. I just made them together in line:

He did not need a snack bento so I didn't make him one.

Today was a different story! I had very little time to get stuff together, very little left overs, and my regular bentos were dirty. I decided it was the perfect time to try my round box I got at Kamei:

Clockwise, starting at the top:

First tier: I divider that 1/3 container in 3. I put in steamed broccoli, Corn, Black Bean and Mango Salsa in the middle and lentils on the right. I didn't put any dividers, and it was still visibly divided when I ate at noon! Cool!

Second tier: I removed the container to add space, and used a lettuce leaf as a container, I put a round rice ball in there.

Third tier: I put carrots and cucumber sticks with a container of pesto.

It looks like a lot, but it really wasn't so I brought along a thermos with vegetable soup to complete the meal.

My husband's box was a little different:

In the top tier, he had steamed broccoli, a rice ball resting on lettuce (keeps it from sticking to the box) and deli turkey skewers (I used my little animal skewers!).

In the lower tier, he had carrot and cucumber sticks, pesto (like the salsa, it's all gone), and lentils.

I didn't think he had enough food, but he has access to food at work if needed so he must have been fine. He just said it was enough food. Oh well!

So that's two days of bento at our house! I need to pack up two bentos for myself tomorrow. Lunch is only at 1:04 pm, I'll need a snack to make it that late!

I'll post tomorrow night!

Happy Bento!

No comments:

Post a Comment