Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All organized and ready to go!

So, after making bentos yesterday, I decided it was time to organize my gear once and for all. Yesterday we stopped at Target and bought baskets to go in my unit I had bought when we first moved a month ago.

I took out all of my boxes and washed every single one of the 15 sets that I use for food. I have a few decorative ones that I don't put food in, those are another story.

After that I had to fit all of it on my little unit. Here's what it looks like:


The unit itself was super cheap at Kmart. The baskets are from Target, about 13 dollars each, which is more than I wanted to pay, but I like them so... there.

I still have my spice boxes for the little stuff. I managed to empty one by reorganizing everything. I'm pretty happy about that because one of the box was bent and difficult to open. Not cool early in the morning.


The purple box is from a pair of flats I bought a few weeks ago. I thought the box was pretty, and it's the perfect size, so there.


I used that box to put the "over flow" of stuff. Extra things that don't fit anywhere else. I overbought a little last year because I didn't have easy access to Ichiban Kan and Daiso. Of course, now it's not a problem anymore! So happy!

The top drawer has the spice boxes with the stuff I use less, my bento cloths, bags and insulated bags.


The middle drawer has the boxes I use the most. Most of them are microwave safe and leak proof (well mostly).


Finally the last drawer has my fuffier, less user-friendly boxes and those I just use less.

Notice that there is space for more in there, not that I WOULD buy more, of course I wouldn't, just that if I came across a very interesting box, I COULD fit it in there if needed. ;op

I'm pretty happy with my storage solution for my bentos. It's a lot of little things, and in a small place, I needed a compact, easy to work with solution. I think I got it.

Now I feel like I'm home... ;o)

Happy Bento Everybody!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I make Bento for my kids. I have a few basic items that I purchased from Hong Kong on eBay. I'd like to get some larger bento boxes (we only have the tiny ones) any suggestions on where to look? eBay is expensive with all the shipping. There is a place in the US Ichiban Kan but they do not ship to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a lot of question about Canadians (I'm from Canada) and honestly I haven't found a decent answer. :o(

    I know that Ichiban Kan were talking about starting to ship in Canada, but when?? no clue..

    If you are in a big city, you might want to find the local "Japantown" and ask there.

    I'll keep looking, if I ever find, I'll make a post about it.

    :o/ sorry I'm not more help...

    ReplyDelete